Thursday, March 27, 2014

Joni Janis Hester - Making a Difference, One Cup at a Time

Share it Please
I attended a Lunch-n-Learn about Coins 4 Kids in 2010 and have been passionate about the cause ever since.  Being an IP employee as well as the spouse of an IP employee, I felt inspired to get the business that I work for (Foodservice) involved in the fundraising efforts.
Click on this photo to order
We started off with sales of discontinued Foodservice products to IP employees. We held these “cup sales” at the Memphis offices as well as at our three Foodservice manufacturing facilities within the U.S.  This was a great way to bridge a gap with our manufacturing facilities to involve them in the Coins 4 Kids campaign.
Click on this photo to order
Our cup sales have been extremely successful, so it was time to “up our game!”  That is when the idea developed to produce a 12oz paper hot cup to promote Coins 4 Kids.  I worked with Communications to develop artwork for a cup to be used in IP break rooms during the campaign to help raise awareness.  Foodservice once again worked collaboratively to make this happen and on top of that, committed to donate 20% off the proceeds from the sale of these cases of cups to the World Food Program.
Click on this photo to order

In Foodservice, our tagline for our product is “Making a Difference One Cup at a Time” and that has truly become my personal motto in coordinating all of these fundraising efforts and events. 

Just recently becoming a mother myself, I can’t imagine my child not receiving meals and the proper nutrition he needs.  Seeing those precious faces of the children in Nairobi makes me want to do as much as I can to make a difference in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment